Wednesday, December 26, 2007

This is the end...or is it?

First of all, to Jeannie - KUDOS for a job well done!
It is only after REALLY finishing all of the exercises of Lib. 2.0 that I appreciate the work put into this project. I know she has said that much of it was "borrowed" and condensed from the original but this project had a personal touch that made it feel like it was tailor-made for the NFL staff and allowed the more creative of us really fly!

The hardest part was finding the time during the workday to concentrate on it and also the brain cells to do and understand some of these exercises:talk about stretching my mind - headaches were not unusual and came with some of the exercises. (But they didn't last too long due to the help of wonderful colleagues that made some of the most frustrating moments go away!)
My favorite exercise was going to YouTube and posting the Hellecasters video on my blog. I also liked the Web 2.0 awards because of its variety and practical application. Sites that are respected and useful are always a plus in this job! Having said that, I am in awe of some of the other blogs creativity and stunning visuals. I think the fact that I had to slog through some of the exercises that required much reading, made me so text oriented that I forgot to put in anything visually funny. Some of the pics included in others' blogs were LOL and I do thank them for putting them there. (I loved GreenRoof's penguin/polar bear and I will tell her this to her not so anonymous face!)
As I said in the beginning about my perfectionist life learning concerns, I found that once I let myself relax and get into the challenge of learning something new, it was okay! I have learned new tech skills, and ways of doing tasks that I would not have discovered on my own. I do hope we will have the opportunity to use these new skills in the future for a library wiki or some other way because it's the only way for me to continue to apply and REMEMBER what I have learned while doing Lib. 2.0!

No comments: