Wednesday, December 26, 2007

into Overdrive

For those who are looking to introduce the technological future to library patrons and wean them from the traditional book only ways, I think the digital media collection introduced a few years ago is definitely the way to go. The Overdrive e-book collection appears to have a vast cross-section of topics in its non-fiction collection, and the fiction had the classic titles as well as the more popular genres of mystery and general fiction. It was especially interesting that among the most popular titles it wasn't just those titles that the more tech-oriented students would be using for schoolwork, but also titles like P.G. Wodehouse's "Carry on Jeeves" - that would appeal to the more - ahem - mature person like me!
In the past, I haven't been able to get into a routine for listening to books on CD. My commute is too short, and I'm not in the same room at home for any length of time either. My listening would be of the musical variety, and I can see listening to the classical selections from the Overdrive collection. It was an extensive list of wonderful composers that I like, and it would not be difficult to find something to listen to.

No comments: