Friday, December 21, 2007

del.icio.us and Tagging

Last summer an article in LJ had mentioned del.icio.us as a fun site and I had looked at it then . I even bookmarked it on the computer that I use in the Youth Services Dept., but did not opt to get an account because I knew it wasn't a site that I would use on a regular basis. It does have library value for when I am stuck looking for "see also" ideas in a search, so I kept it.
I don't really use the computer at home in the same way that I do in the library, so my bookmarks are very different from place to place. For those who find themselves going back to the same sites on different computers I can see why it is worthwhile. The tags are helpful, and for the ones that I used (quilts, beach glass) I found it to be of little interest because it didn't bring me to anything unique or amazing.

No comments: